The Sheriff’s Department is happy to place your home on our special property check list while you are away on vacation.
In order to do so, complete an online request by filing out the form below or call the Sheriff’s Department at 803-576-3000 and ask for the Desk Sergeant.
To speed things along, please have the following information available at the time of your call.
• The dates you will be gone.
• Owner of the property with phone number and address.
• Emergency contact person with phone number and address.
• Alarm system and company if any.
• Any lights that will be left on at the location.
• Any vehicles that will be left at the location.
• Any pets that will be at the location.
• Anyone else who will be checking the property (name and vehicle info).
If you wish to have our Marine Patrol Unit conduct a special property check of your business or residence that borders Lake Murray, call 803-576-3000 or answer "yes" to the question below, "Is Your Property on Lake Murray?"