The Richland County Sheriff’s Department offers a FREE women’s self-defense class.
This is a crime prevention program that utilizes techniques that are specifically designed for women to reduce the likelihood of victimization. This program empowers women to recognize their strengths and make sound decisions when faced with potentially dangerous situations.
- Minimum age: 18 years old; 16/17 years old with a parent
- 4 hour physical class
- Please wear comfortable clothes
- Please bring a bottled water or Gatorade
Class Schedule for 2022:
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 9:00am: (Harbison Community Center – 106 Hillpine Rd, Columbia 29212)
- Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 9:00am: (Sandhills Church Hardscrabble) register here
Please RSVP by email to WomensDefense@rcsd.net. Please include your name and the date of which class you’d like to attend. Slots are limited!