The Richland County Sheriff’s Department offers a FREE women’s self-defense class.
This is a crime prevention program that utilizes techniques that are specifically designed for women to reduce the likelihood of victimization. This program empowers women to recognize their strengths and make sound decisions when faced with potentially dangerous situations.
- Minimum age: 18 years old; 16/17 years old with a parent
- 4 hour physical class
- Please wear comfortable clothes
- Please bring a bottled water or Gatorade
Class Schedule for 2021 – 2022:
Unless otherwise noted, all classes will be held at 6429 Bishop Avenue (RCSD Training Division), in the gym.
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 9:00am
- Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 1:00pm (Blythewood Park: 126 Boney Road, Blythewood)
- Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 9:00am
- Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 1:00pm
Please RSVP by email to email@example.com. Please include your name and the date of which class you’d like to attend.