Forensic Laboratory Quality Assurance Objectives - S.T.A.R.S.
- Service - to provide quality service to customers by using procedures that are valid and reliable for the intended purpose and which meet customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
- Training and Education - to provide training to laboratory personnel in their area of expertise and in the management system; to provide continuing education to customers regarding forensic services, policies, and procedures.
- Accreditation - to ensure quality, excellence, and reliability through conformance with required standards.
- Review - to routinely monitor the management system and continually improve its effectiveness; laboratory management will not only evaluate the system regularly, but also take corrective action when nonconformities are identified.
- Survey and Communication - to conduct customer surveys; to review and assess customer requirements and satisfaction with forensic services; to communicate to laboratory personnel the importance of meeting customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements.