The Guardians of the Night K9 5K Race/Run is a true night event that offers a fun, flat, fast-paced race giving runners the opportunity to run alongside Richland County Sheriff's Department K9 Deputies and their own K9 partners. The event returns to the South Carolina State Fairgrounds. This is a certified race course and chip timing will be used for scoring. Awards will follow along with the opportunity to meet and greet with the K9s and Deputies. This annual event raises funds to benefit the RCSD K9 team. These funds pay for the dogs' food, medical care, safety equipment, collars, leads and custom-fit ballistic vests for each dog.
This event is also an opportunity for RCSD and the community to honor the memory K9 Fargo, who was killed in the line of duty, while ensuring that all our K9 deputies are healthy and safe on the job.
Saturday, July 30, 2022
SC State Fairgrounds
1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia, South Carolina 29201
Gates open: 7:00pm
Family run/walk (not timed): 8:30pm
Timed 5k: 9:30pm
Both IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL options are available!
Click here to register! (click the "Registration" link at the top of their page then "Register for event" then scroll down to 7/30/2022: Guardians of the Night)
$25.00 - In-person 5k run or walk with a t-shirt (timed or untimed)
$30.00 - Virtual run/walk with t-shirt mailed to recipient after event*
* Virtual participants enter times HERE
Late Registration Fees (Starting July 17):
$30.00 - In-person 5k or walk (timed or untimed)
$35.00 - Virtual run/walk
NOTE: t-shirts are NOT guaranteed with late registration
Participants may pick up their t-shirts & bibs:
Friday, July 29 - 11am - 6pm
Saturday, July 30 - 11am - 6pm
2515 Devine Street
Columbia, SC 29206
At the SC State Fairgrounds starting at 7pm on July 30.
Enter Fairgrounds through Gate 11 (Bluff Road side of the Fairgrounds)
Gates open to the public at 7:00 pm
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRTUAL PARTICIPANTS:
1. Register for the Guardians of the Night K9 5K virtual option.
2. Run or walk your 5k ANYTIME, ANYWHERE during the month of July.
3. If you wish, you may submit your results HERE.
4. Take a picture and share it on social media using #RCSDK9RUN.
5. Watch your mailbox for your t-shirt.*
* t-shirts will be mailed to out-of-area participants AFTER July 30. Local virtual participants are encouraged to pick up their t-shirts, if possible, during the dates/times listed on this page.